The Récolte communautaire Québec Program, with the financial support of the Direction de la Santé publique (MSSS), aims to provide fresh produce to food assistance organizations year round, through a partnership between Quebec’s farmers of which Moissoneurs solidaires and Food Banks of Quebec.
+ 458,000 kg
of vegetables were collected in 2015.
2 922 526 kg
of vegetables have been collected since the program was created.
Food security for people living in poverty
- Improve food quality for hundreds of thousands of food assistance recipients through access to fresh fruits and vegetables;
- Increase the amount of fresh produce distributed to people living in poverty, through all members of Food Banks of Quebec;
- Ensure a steady supply to members of Food Banks of Quebec from dedicated producers;
- Ensure the program’s sustainability by implementing a simple, low-cost harvesting and redistribution structure;
- Actively involve the food assistance recipients (harvesting) and educate them on the process (pre-harvesting information sessions) in all regions covered by the network.
To participate in the program, contact our team by phone at 1-877-478-4040 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.